Friday, August 31, 2007

ND vs. GT preview


Let's play some oddsmakers:

Even money Demetrius Jones starts at quarterback.


Haha, Facebook ftw and all that shit

20-1 More than 50 points are scored in the game. I can't imagine the Irish having the offensive weapondary they had a season ago, but I can't imagine their passing defense completely falling apart against stronger opponents like they did a season ago. GT's starting quarterback Taylor Bennett will most likely be an upgrade from Reggie Ball, but he lacks the imposing receiving threat that Calvin Johnson was last year. (I remember EDSBS.com going nuts over this when Ball was academically ineligible for the bowl game and Taylor threw something like 3 TD's to Johnson. What could have been.)
4-1 A big fight breaks out between ND and GT fans during tailgating/the game. 'Natch. I remember Georgia Tech fans being extremely fired up for last year's contest in what was a very good and watchable game, and they have the advantage going into tomorrow. Somehow, I'm deducing that this will lead to fighting. Maybe I've been to too many MSU/ND games.
10-1 A regular starting QB position is established.

6-1 A regular RB is established. Darius Walker screwed up soooooooo badly in leaving a season early. Good LORD did he screw up. I'm not one to tell him what to do with his life, but last season people said he was too small and not quick enough to be a productive running back, yet he gained something around 1,500-1,700 total yards of offense (I'm too lazy to look up the exact stats, have fun doing that yourself). So say instead of jumping ship early, he busts his butt in the offseason, shows up to South Bend with an additional 10-20 pounds of muscle and bruises defenders in this upcoming season? It wouldn't exactly be Darren McFadden, but suddenly his NFL resume would look a lot stronger.

3-1 People at the bar where I'm watching the game will make way too many fat jokes about Weis, while I think to myself, "pot/kettle/black, you dumbasses."

Even money Thanks to NBC's contract, the game takes at least four hours to complete.

(Although I guess I should be thankful that I'm guaranteed of seeing the Irish play on TV, as opposed to other football teams this weekend...more on that later...)

3-1 odds for an Irish victory. Mark May is a mean-spirited fucktard, but he's right in saying how difficult Notre Dame's year will be. While USC, Michigan, Boston College et. al are returning players and showing their hands, the real capabilties this season's Irish have been veiled from casual college football fans. That changes, of course, tomorrow, and hopefully some pleasant surprises occur south of Touchdown Jesus.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I like how my first commentator ever is some douchebag spammer. Go away.