Thursday, August 23, 2007

Man, do I love people named Cliff!

Disclaimer: this is not a post praising the Cubbies (at least not yet). Rather, it's a post praising the efforts of journeyman Cliff Floyd, who returned to the team this week after mourning the death of his father and provided huge hits in Chicago's previous two victories against the San Francisco Giants. On Tuesday night Floyd had a base loaded two-RBI single in a huge 5-1 comeback win, and last night he led off the tenth inning with a double to spur the two runs the Cubs needed to win the game 4-2.

I couldn't stay up and watch these games because they were on the West Coast, but it seems like we've had some excellent pitching efforts over the last week. The Cubs are playing very similar to how they're playing in Ken Griffey Jr.'s Baseball on my emulator on my computer; great pitching, about 4-5 runs at most per game (note: the game came out in 1994). I'm fairly certain for this afternoon's game that it'll take more than a late-inning burst to win; then again, a sweep going into the weekend would be tremendous...but I'm not praising them yet...

No comments: